September 22, 2016
6pm - 8pm
It's about time we have another beer and cheese pairing. This time McLeod's head brewer Jason Bathgate will be in the shop featuring his beer and personal choices of cheese to pair. Jason has worked for two champion New Zealand breweries and he's passionate about making good beer whatever the style and has a keen interest in barrel-aged and sour beers. We will guide you through suggested pairings but experimentation and conversation will be encouraged.
Complete pairing list
- Paradise Pale Ale w/Parvenu, Crescent Dairy Goats, Kumeu
- Great Migration IPA w/Kinzett Creek, Wangapeka Family Dairy, Wakefield
- Pioneer Porter w/Cwmglyn Farmhouse Cheese, Cwmglyn Dairy Biddy Frasier-Davies, Eketahuna
- Tropical Cyclone Double IPA w/Bureaucrat, Kaikoura Cheese, Kaikoura
- Trader's Scotch Ale w/Meyer Vintage Gouda, Meyer Cheese, Waikato
- Black Watch Sour Imperial Scotch Ale w/ Mahoe Blue, Mahoe Cheese, Kerikeri̴Ì_
There is no need to come into the shop to pick up a ticket. ̴Ì_Your email confirmation receipt will be your ticket. ̴Ì_Please print it out and bring it for the event.